What is a Content Syndication?
Content syndication may be a valuable tactic to urge your content ahead of a bigger audience. As part of a multifaceted content marketing strategy combining areas related to a brand’s image and reputation, media, and social function, businesses and brands use syndication to impact significantly. Gain some insight into how you can implement content syndication in your company in this article.
What is content syndication?
Content syndication is that a similar idea as television syndication. The syndication concept on TV is to earn money on a program or broadcast by selling its license to other TV stations. For example, a syndicated TV series (like Sesame Street) is made by one station and displayed on many other stations.
Content syndication works similarly. The main goal is to make sure that your content interests and intrigues your readers, boosts website traffic, and puts eyes on your brand by sharing your most engaging content on third party sites. The syndicated content could be articles (or fragments of them), ebooks, whitepapers, videos, etc. Syndication allows you to reach more of your company’s audience with omnichannel marketing and build your position as a thought leader.
There are many channels you’ll use for free of charge content syndication—social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube), content hubs (Inbound, Medium) or blog exchanges with publications that specialize in topics almost like yours. Content syndication doesn’t only get more eyes on your brand and your content and drives traffic to your website, social media profiles, and other channels.
Content syndication is also a viral marketing strategy for generating demand and leads for a business. By putting high-quality content on reputable, industry-specific destination sites, marketers can target in-market buyers who are self-educating and engaging with brands and companies through their research—before marketing and sales teams engage with them directly.
Content syndication best practices
- Content syndication is a crucial piece of the content creation game, but it shouldn’t be a marketer’s primary focus.
- Focus on websites that are highly relevant to your industry.
- Always ask for recognition and backlinks. Build your thought leadership position among your readers.
- Monitor your content syndication efforts and make sure they’re adding value to your overall content strategy.
- Diversify your content syndication strategy. This way, you’ll be ready to reach new audiences and determine which one is resonating the simplest together with your content.
Content syndication follow-up
One of the most goals of content syndication is to drive more traffic to your website, and within the end, convert your visitors. When following up together with your content syndication leads, it’s essential to recollect three things:
- When someone registers to download an ebook, webinar or other sorts of content, they’re curious about that topic and not necessarily in your product.
- That individual hasn’t downloaded the content from your website and should not be conversant with your brand or services.
- It’s essential to promptly follow up with the prospect as they may not even remember downloading the asset if too much time passes.
Content syndication SEO
Content syndication may be a very effective way to sharing your assets with a broader audience. However, it is often related to some risk. An expert on SEO do not like duplicate content.
If they do not detect spam characteristics, they won’t impose a penalty, but they’ll refuse syndicated pages and not index them. If an enquiry engine finds several pages with equivalent content, just one of them will show on the results page.
Google’s guidelines on duplicate content say that if you publish syndicated content, their algorithm shows the version it recognizes because it is most appropriate for users. Therefore, the results won’t be the version you’d prefer.
That’s a wrap
Content syndication is one of the simplest ways to extend your brand’s visibility, reach new readers and enhance your reputation. Suppose you’re just starting, don’t be afraid to succeed in bent as many potential partners as you’ll. It’sIt’s advantageous to require every opportunity for content syndication.
If you’re promoting your content to get leads for your business, it’s best to figure with established, respectable partners. They’re going to be ready to put your content ahead of your audience, opening doors to effective promotion strategies that you simply wouldn’t want to miss out on.